Monday 16 June 2014

April to June drawings

Since College is about to come, I decided to draw more this summer. I expect College to be difficult to handle. Although I haven't started yet.
I did few 40-second time lapse videos such as drawing Rapunzel, Jack frost and Naruto. And believe me - it's exhausting. This drawing of Rapunzel is from the 40-second time lapsed video drawing.



 
How To Train Your Dragon 2 was way amazing. The twists of the story has gone far too cool. Especially now that Hiccup and Astrid are together after the few seasons of Riders of Berk and Defenders of Berk and of course; the first movie. Sketching and drawing the two was exciting - I used colored pencils, not Prisma colors but ordinary colored pencils. Hey, you can use anything for drawing. It's your creativity that depends on it. 



Not only Angelina Jolie played Malificent, but she played Tigress from Kung Fu Panda as well. Her tough personality was one thing that made me attracted to her character. I sketched and colored her once more with colored pencils.

A quick sketch of Vanellope from Disney's Wreck-it Ralph. Her miniature figure was very captivating, it was very cool to play with her with different kinds of poses. Still loving the sketch anyway. You see some red lines on it? I used red colored pencil to do some basic guidelines. You can use it different colors to do some guidelines whenever you have difficulties with basic proportions or instead, the pose of the character.



Did some fan art of Spiderman from Amazing Spiderman 2 which was shown in cinemas recently. The colors were unbelievable difficult when not digitally drawn. I wasn't the type of digital artist and so I had to endure.

Of course, Disney's Frozen was a hit. I did draw Elsa at some point but my drawing for Anna caught my attention. I drew on some black illustration board and colored it with colored pencils. Anna's optimistic personality was rare among people. So, it was fun sketching her. Her exoressions based on my studying with Jin Kim's character designs was amazing. They played with her expression really well, especially when her hair is braided into two sides, it's better.





No comments:

Post a Comment